Published: 2019-06-06 08:19:44 | Expires: 2019-10-31
Company: Institute of Computer Science of the CAS
Employer: Academy of Sciences
Categories: IN – Informatics
Type: Full time
Required education: postdoc
Required language: en
We are looking for new team members to join the Complex Networks and Brain Dynamics group to work on its interdisciplinary projects. The group is part of the Department of Complex Systems, Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences – based in Prague, Czech Republic.
We focus on the development and application of methods of analysis and modelling of real-world complex networked systems, with particular interest in the structure and dynamics of human brain function. Our main research areas are neuroimaging data analysis (fMRI & EEG, iEEG, anatomical and diffusion MRI), brain dynamics modelling, causality and information flow inference, nonlinearity and nonstationarity, graph theory, machine learning and multivariate statistics; with applications in neuroscience, climate research, economics and general communication networks. More information about the group at http://cobra.cs.cas.cz/.
- Contract is for 6-18 months duration.
- Positions are available from 1.7.2019 or upon agreement.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until 31.10.2019.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 30000 – 55000 CZK based on qualifications and experience. Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses and travel funding for conferences and research stays depending on performance.
- No teaching duties
- Applicants should:
- Hold a PhD. (PhD student/research assistant positions available as well, see informal inquiries contact below).
- Have strong data analysis, statistical, mathematical modelling and/or machine learning skills with practical programming experience.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers
- Prior experience with time series and network analysis is advantageous, but not required
- The applications are to be sent to email@example.com and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Informal inquires can be sent to the group leader Jaroslav Hlinka, hlinka[at]cs.cas.cz.