Published: 2019-10-10 01:00:39 | Expires: 2019-10-31
Company: Institute of Biotechnology of the CAS – BIOCEV
Employer: Academy of Sciences
Categories: CE – Biochemistry
Type: Part time
Required education: mgr
Required language: en
Laboratory of Molecular Therapy of the Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences located in the BIOCEV research centre in Vestec by Prague announces an open competition in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 Coll. on the Czech Academy of Sciences, and the Statutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences for a PhD student position or a Master Degree student to work on an innovative project investigating the molecular mechanism of intercellular trafficking of mitochondria in the context of cancer.
The student will be a member of a very active team studying the molecular mechanism of intercellular movement of mitochondria, focusing in particular on the role of the adaptor protein Miro-1, and its role in cancer initioation/progression. The tools will include cell culture and co-culture, microfluidics approach, as well as inducible Miro-1 knock-out mice. The methodology will include a number of biochemical and cellular techniques, both basic and sophisticated, including high-end microscopic methodology. The expected outcome is a publication in a top-tier journal.
Who are we:
- A team of dedicated researchers/students enthusiastically working on various aspects of cancer with mitochondrial transfer between cells being one of our priority projects
- A team commited to excellence in research with translational aspects, exemplified by a current clinical trial of a novel, our proprietary anti-cancer agent
- A dedicated student willing to work in a team of enthusiastic and friendly colleagues
- Education in the area of cellular/molecular biology or biochemistry
- Good knowledge in English – we are an international team and often communicate in English as a routine means of communication in the laboratory and during Group Meetings/Journal club
- Interest in scientific work and its biomedical aspects
- Work in a top-equipped laboratory with access to high-end core facilities
- Part-time position with remuneration on top of the standard scholarship
- Participation in highly innovative, very interesting research
- Scientific growth and follow-up career, including participation at international conferences
Job commencement: By agreement
prof. Ing. Jiří Neužil, CSc.