Published: 2019-10-18 01:00:31 | Expires: 2019-12-15
Company: Faculty of Science, Masaryk University – RECETOX
Categories: E – Biological sciences
Type: Full time
Required education: postdoc
Required language: en
The RECETOX centre is a leading research institute of Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, with long-term history and reputation in the environmental sciences and a newly built potential for the exposome research, i.e. an assessment of health impacts related to environmental exposures. RECETOX invites applications for the following job position
EUROPEAN RESEARCH AREA (ERA) CHAIR
In the field of (Environmental) Epidemiology, Bioinformatics and/or Biostatistics
To strengthen capacity for integrative analysis of data on environmental exposures of target populations with those resulting from the advanced omics technologies, RECETOX seeks the senior scientist (R3 – Established researcher or R4 – Leading researchers) capable of coordinating the interdisciplinary team of researchers educated in the fields of environmental and social epidemiology, population models, public health, biostatics, bioinformatics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and related fields.
The selected individual will be established as the Masaryk University ERA Chair and his team will be supported by the R-Exposome project funded from the Horizon 2020 (ERA Chair) programme (Project nr. 857487).
The ERA Chair will be offered:
- The tenure-track academic position in the RECETOX centre with the initial appointment for 4 years,
- Position of the group leader at RECETOX allowed to apply for research funding,
- Internationally competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience,
- Start-up package for establishing his/her research team (postdocs and Ph.D.s),
- Start-up package for operational costs,
- Access to the state-of-the-art RECETOX research infrastructure including available data,
- Full support of the administration and the project office of the centre.
The candidate for the ERA Chair position is expected to:
- Be an outstanding researcher with an international reputation in the fields of (Environmental) Epidemiology, Bioinformatics and/or Biostatistics, and an interest in linking environmental exposures to health,
- Prove his/her excellence by presenting his/her own research work, providing the list of publications in top-ranked scientific journals (including his/her contribution to papers) and other significant research outcomes (application results),
- Demonstrate a critical judgment in the strategic planning and implementation of the research agenda,
- Prove his/her track record of the research funding (e.g. international research projects), and as well as capability to compete for the competitive individual funding (ERC),
- Demonstrate a creative approach towards interdisciplinary research, teaching and mentoring skills, as well as a potential to cooperate with multiple research groups within and beyond RECETOX, and
- Demonstrate communication and presentation skills within and outside the research community.
The ERA Chair and his/her team are expected to contribute to implementation of the newly accredited study programmes in Environment and Health, and Computational Biology and Biomedicine, and supervising the students.
How to apply:
Applications should include Curriculum Vitae with a special focus on high-impact publications, research funding management and soft skills, a statement of research interest, three professional references and motivation letter.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to RCX-HR@recetox.muni.cz or alternatively mailed to: ERA Chair, RECETOX, Faculty of Sciences; Kamenice 5, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic.
Applications should be submitted by 15.12.2019.
Review of applications will commence immediately after the mentioned deadline. Short-listed candidates (3-5) complying with the mentioned requirements will be invited to Brno, Czech Republic for an interview and public presentation within one month of the application deadline. Expected start date of working in-situ is mid 2020.
Information and updates regarding the ERA Chair Holder position is available through the RECETOX Website or https://www.recetox.muni.cz/erachair .
The Institute is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling the requirements specified in this announcement. Remuneration of ERA Chair is co-financed from EU funds (ERA Chairs) and the profile of the chosen candidate is subject to the European Commission’s approval.