Published: 2020-02-18 13:56:50
Company: Blackboard Czech s.r.o.
Type: Práce na plný úvazek
We’re looking for a Client Support Specialist to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard Inc. and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
As Client Support Specialist, you will join our team of motivated, technically-savvy, customer-focused individuals. You will work together with our clients’ System Administrators to deliver exceptional customer service.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support to Blackboard Learn clients
* Documenting customer issues, reproducing and gathering details on a reported problem until resolved or escalated to Tier 2
* Working closely with other teams (i.e. Tier 2, Operations, Product Development, Service Deliver Managers)
* Drafting, reviewing, and publishing product bugs/fixes into the Blackboard Knowledge Base
* Representing the Client Support department in various support meetings or reviews with both internal product teams as well as external clients
* Providing outstanding customer service with every interaction by representing the voice of the customer; making their issue your issue until resolved
* 1+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise-level technical support environment
* Proficiency within multiple computer OS environments – Blackboard clients can deploy software utilizing Windows, Red Hat, or Solaris
* Experience with system maintenance tasks including Operating System installs and upgrades
* Demonstrated ability to solve problems and find solutions
* Competent speaking and writing skills with a focus on a professional communication style in a business environment
* Effective listener and communicator with the ability to convey complex ideas to both external clients and internal team members
* General understanding of LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
* Ability to analyze information, identify key trends, and follow a playbook to diagnose technical and application issues
* Experience working in distributed teams with coworkers in other locations
* Ability to multitask and prioritize daily work with frequent interruptions
* Fluency in French or Spanish in addition to English
* Previous use of Blackboard Learn or similar Learning Management System (LMS)
* 1 or more industry certification(s) recommended (A+, Linux+, CCNA)
* Data networking knowledge to include routers, configuration, and operation
* System administration skills (MCSA, RHCSA certification)
* Database querying (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, console, EC2, RDS
Blackboard has an office in the beautiful and vibrant city of Brno.
* Great office location in city center near Luzanky
* Accessible by public transportation as well as bike, with bike stands and showers in the office
* Cozy personal office spaces where you can shut your door to really focus or leave it open to interact with others
* Flexible work hours with no expectations of overtime
* Great benefits including health & life insurance and English/ Czech lessons
* Countless places to eat within walking distance…