Published: 2020-07-02 14:43:21 | Expires: 2020-08-01
Company: Ústav fyzikální chemie J. Heyrovského AV ČR
Employer: Akademie věd
Categories: B – Fyzika a matematika
in the field of single molecule fluorescence spectroscopy and microscopy
J. Heyrovský Institute offers postdoctoral positions within the EXPRO project:
Concert of Lipids, Ions, and Proteins in Cell Membrane Dynamics and Function
Within our current 5-year grant project (see details), we deal with important aspects of the interactions between proteins, lipids and ions. The interplay between membranes with complex lipid composition and topology, and the regulatory effects of ions modulating the action of membrane proteins and other membrane processes will be studied in model systems using FCS (fluorescence correlation spectroscopy), SPT (single particle tracking), FRET (Förster resonance energy transfer) and various fluorescence imaging techniques established in our laboratories. The results of the experiments will be combined with computer simulations performed by Pavel Jungwirth (IOCB) and Lukasz Cwiklik (JH).
- PhD degree in chemistry, physics, or related fields
- Experience in biophysical and biochemical methods
- Competence in fluorescence spectroscopy and microscopy
- Proficiency in data analysis and presentation using Origin and Matlab
- Ability to consolidate the work of scientific team, defining and monitoring the work of students, reporting and presenting the results
- Very good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Work in young, dynamic team of scientists and students
- Being a member of the worldwide-recognized innovative fluorescence research group established by Prof. Martin Hof
- Employment in the leading scientific institute of the Czech Republic with excellent scientometry and strong commitment to its employees (Human Resources Excellence in Research Award)
- Salary of 50.000 CZK/month
- Flexible working hours and number of social benefits
Start of the position: 1st of January, 2021 (or earlier)
Job location: J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry, Prague, Czech Republic
Documents required from the candidate:|
A CV, motivation letter, a brief summary of previous research activities including full list of publications, a copy of phd thesis, 1-2 references including their names, job titles, institution, address, email and phone number.
The application with the required documents should be sent via e-mail to:
Piotr Jurkiewicz (email@example.com)
Radek Šachl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: 1st of August 2020