Published: 2020-07-09 12:35:42 | Expires: 2020-09-30
Company: CEITEC MU
Employer: Vysoká škola
Categories: EB – Genetika a molekulární biologie
Molecular biology lab studying the regulation of gene expression by transcriptional cyclin-dependent kinases (mainly CDK11 and CDK12) and their roles in cancer onset (Dalibor Blazek lab, CEITEC, Brno, Czech Republic) is seeking a person with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyze transcriptomics data and answer important biological questions. The candidate will be in close contact with Bioinformatics research group of Panagiotis Alexiou at CEITEC.
– Theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics and bioanalysis
– Experience in NGS data analysis,
– Readiness and eligibility to apply for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowship (H2020) (deadline September 9, 2020 or in 2021 call); eligibility = must perform research outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years
– Familiarity with scripting language (Python)
– Expertise with other programming languages, and software development principles appreciated.
– Functional knowledge of statistics
– Good publication record
– Good knowledge of English is required
– Knowledge of molecular biology, transcriptomics techniques and experience with analysis of proteomics data is a plus
Degrees: PhD. In bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or adjacent fields.
– Rigorous and well organized
– Good communication skills.
– Highly motivated to achieve the scientific goal.
– A one-year contract renewable based on performance
– Base and facilities of the newly established scientific institution
– Interdisciplinary research of CEITEC
– Appropriate hardware infrastructure for the project
– A pleasant and international working environment
-End of 2020 or upon agreement
Lab web sites: http://www2.ceitec.muni.cz/blazek-lab/
CEITEC, Brno, Czech Republic (http://www.ceitec.eu) is a newly established European research center of scientific excellence.
Please send application (including CV and the contact information of at least two references) by email to Dr. Dalibor Blazek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Panagiotis Alexiou (email@example.com)
Start date: Negotiable
Opened Until: 30.9.2020