Published: 2020-08-25 12:56:52 | Expires: 2020-09-27
Company: CEITEC VUT
Employer: Vysoká škola
Categories: BH – Optika, masery a lasery
The director of CEITEC, Brno University of Technology is opening a
RESEARCH GROUP LEADER POSITION
in the field of nanoscale optoelectronic devices, biomedical and implantable devices, miniaturized analytical systems, nanotransporters, nanostructures and nanoparticles for smart nanodevices.
We are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a research group leader. The applicant will have already gained research experience to realize his/her own research project and qualified for the leadership of an independent research group in the field of Material Sciences mostly overlapping with biomedical applications. Specifically, we are looking for an expert in the field of nanoscale optoelectronic devices, nano-analytical systems (on-chip systems covering modern electrochemical methods, nano-chips for in vitro diagnosis in medicine as well as miniaturized devices for in situ and in vivo sensing), materials, nanostructures and nanoparticles for smart nanodevices (preparation of nanostructures and modification of their surfaces, development of methods, techniques and technology for implementation of outputs into advance nanodevices and nanoprobes for nanomedicine and diagnostics) and nanotransporters (drug delivery transporters, synthesis of those, their modifications and biomedical and biological applications). Moreover, knowledge in bioanalytical chemistry including biosensors, biochemistry, molecular biology, biomolecule-particle interactions, implantable devices, controlled release and characterization is appreciated.
The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree (Associate Professor/Professor is an advantage) in a relevant field and should demonstrate:
- Background in developing of smart nanodevices and systems for biomedical, bioanalytical, biochemical and biological applications
- At least 5 years of (international) research experience after completing his/her doctorate
- Outstanding subject competence and proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- Success in obtaining an extramural research funding ensuring the annual budget of minimum 6 mil. CZK (i.e. approx. 240,000 EUR) for the following two or more years, which has already been contracted to the benefit of CEITEC, or is, subject to funding conditions, transferable to CEITEC
- Experience in supervising other scientists, postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. students (incl. defended Ph.D. students)
- At least 5-year experience with teaching, supervising of Ph.D. study courses
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities (nano.ceitec.cz) and laboratories
- Evidence of cooperation with industry including joint projects
- Collaboration with academic and research institutes as well as with clinical partners (proved by joint papers and projects)
- Experience with seminars, workshops and international conferences organization
An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups is essential. We will offer an international environment and benefits in line with your experience. The position is available from October 2020.
Your application should include (state the data related to you as a potential group leader, not to the whole existing research group or team, except the last bullet):
- CV incl. detailed description and documents of training, and summary of academic experience including teaching,
- personal research career – research focus and area, definition of targets, placement and reputation in the international community within a similar/related field, placement within the CEITEC programme, key collaborations (within and outside CEITEC), interdisciplinarity and other information considered relevant,
- list of publications (separate listings of original research papers, reviews, book chapters),
- number of publications and their distribution according to intellectual proportion (corresponding author/co-author), and quality (Tier 1, 5, 10, 25)
- number of citations without self-citations, h-index,
- list of obtained research grants (name, topic, funding source, amount),
- reprints of selected top publications (5 at maximum),
- current positions of former postdocs and students,
- others: number of invited lectures, number of application outcomes (patents), commercial cooperation, prestigious awards and distinctions,
- description of up to 5 most significant results/activities with at least one not being a scientific result – e.g. organization of a conference, participation in an expert committee, contribution to CEITEC development/governance/public awareness etc. – up to 1 page with a short paragraph for each result,
- contact for at least two potential referees who are not members of CEITEC,
- for the whole research group: research plan and visions for next 5 years incl. financial considerations and usage of CEITEC CF and laboratory equipment (max. 2 pages).
Applications must be received by September 27th 2020, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and quote the “RGL position” in the subject.