Published: 2020-09-02 13:50:18 | Expires: 2020-10-04
Company: CEITEC VUT
Employer: Vysoká škola
Categories: B – Fyzika a matematika
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
„Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Molecular Layers on Graphene Surfaces“
For our research group, we are seeking an outstanding applicant for the academic position of a postdoctoral research fellow. The promising candidate will prepare and characterize the properties of self-assembled molecular layers on weakly interacting substrates (e.g. graphene) by low energy electron microscopy (LEEM), XPS, STM and other complementary in-situ techniques. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art UHV system combining LEEM, STM, XPS, FTIR and LEIS. Your role is to perform experimental studies on selected systems under the framework of a running GAČR project.
- Carry out the research activities within the projects of the group and as requested by Supervisor.
- Adapt existing and develop new scientific methodologies and experimental protocols.
- Test hypotheses and analyze scientific data from a variety of sources, reviewing and refining working hypotheses as appropriate.
- Contribute ideas for new research projects and contribute to their preparation.
- Undertake comprehensive and systematic literature reviews and summarize the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate in preparation of scientific/project reports and journal papers and occasionally present results of the work at conferences.
- Use specialized scientific equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Represent the research group at external meetings/seminars, either with other members of the group or alone.
- Communicate and coordinate the experiments with the cooperating partners.
- You will have possibility to teach and supervise master/bachelor theses.
We are looking for highly motivated researcher with a strong background in surface science and vacuum technology.
- Applicants should possess or be very close to obtaining a PhD in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Applicants should possess a master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Experience (track of records) in surface science under UHV conditions (both sample preparation and analysis),
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Should have very good English – both spoken and written.
- The ability to direct own research and interpret results independently.
- Experience with working at synchrotron sources.
- Experience with graphene substrates grown under UHV.
- Experience with molecular materials.
- An interest in close collaboration with local experimental groups.
Interested candidate should provide:
- Detailed CV including list of publications.
- Cover letter stating the motivation for applying.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
Anticipated start date: 11/2020 or upon agreement.
Fixed-term two-year position with a possibility of extension, open to negotiation.
Gross salary adequate for Brno area based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail email@example.com by October 4th, 2020 and quote the “PRF Molecular Layers on Graphene Surfaces” in the subject.