Published: 2020-09-04 15:31:29 | Expires: 2020-10-06
Company: St. Anne’s University Hospital Brno – The International Clinical Research Center (ICRC)
Categories: F – Lékařské vědy
Senior Software Developer
The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment.
As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
The FNUSA-ICRC Stroke team is a young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international team, involved in multiple international research projects. We are now seeking a skilled candidate to join our institution within the IT group at FNUSA-ICRC.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: 1st October 2020 or negotiable Workload: 100 %
We are looking for
- a person interested in stepping into a senior role within the IT group, and actively participating in the ongoing development of software solutions to support multiple national and international research projects
- You will be responsible for providing technical direction for new and existing projects, as well as contributing to data analysis and research publications.
- You will have the opportunity to work with leading stroke researchers and clinicians from around the world, and to develop software for improving patient care globally.
- Participate in the design and planning of new and existing software development projects.
- Research and propose innovative software implementations to solve unique technical challenges.
- Assist in the daily technical management of multiple on-going national and international research projects, including clinical research and e-learning platforms.
- Support and train other team members as required to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the planning of future upgrades and platform extensions.
- Prepare technical and instructional documentation, as required.
- 5-10 years experience working in a senior software development or team lead role.
- Experience in software development, both front and back-end, e.g. PHP, Java & JSP, jQuery;
- Experience using Python (Django experience an asset);
- Strong interest in working with a variety of software stacks, and learning new technologies as required to support new research initiatives;
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies;
- English language fluency – spoken and written English will be used on a daily basis.
- Experience in multiple programming languages and multiple software stacks;
- Understanding of relevant data protection and patient privacy regulations, including GDPR.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine learning algorithm implementations;
- Experience in scripting, e.g. Bash, Lua;
- Experience working in a medical / research environment;
- Interest in stroke / medical imaging research;
- Interest in contributing to open source software;
- Knowledge of additional languages, especially Ukrainian, Polish, or Russian.
What do we offer:
- Full-time (1.0 FTE) position until the end of 2021, with the possibility of further extension;
- Pleasant and modern working environment, located in the centre of Brno, a very nice city to live and work,
- The opportunity to participate in progressive stroke research in an international team with an excellent reputation;
- Involvement in international projects;
- Self-actualization and education in the field of research projects;
- the possibility of professional and career growth,
- Introductory training in cerebrovascular research and its projects;
- access to high technology,
- 25 days of holiday and other employee benefits.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in English language to email address email@example.com until October 6th. In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne’s University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 110/2019 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne’s University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.