Published: 2021-01-20 21:58:39 | Expires: 2021-02-19
Company: Fyzikální ústav AV ČR
Employer: Akademie věd
Categories: J – Průmysl
About the Institute:
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences (FZU) is a public research institution, focusing on basic and applied research in physics. FZU is the largest of the institutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1300 employees, including a considerable number of international workers. The ambition of FZU is to push forward the boundaries of knowledge and to conduct first-rate research in the fields of elementary particles, condensed systems and solid particles, optics, plasma physics and laser physics.
FZU is collaborating on preparation of space mission LISA, which will detect gravitational waves. FZU is contributing to mission critical space hardware – especially to piezo mechanisms, mechanisms for switching laser sources and alignment of laser beam, starting from their design and being responsible also for prototyping and tests. The work is typically done in cooperation with other institutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences and technological companies in the Czech Republic.
- Gathering technical requirements, communication with local and international partners, both industrial and academic.
- Participate on conceptual designs of space mechanisms with special focus on redundancy, thermal stability, vibrations etc.
- Participate on design iterations of precise mechanisms based on piezo technology and flexure hinges. Other principles are also under investigation.
- Basic thermal and vibration calculations using FEM methods, cooperation with FEM specialists during design iterations.
- Participation on mechanism stability/resolution measurement method development, design of test stands, participation in measurements.
- Master degree in mechanical engineering, physics or similar.
- Experience with 3D design using some of the CAD systems.
- Experience with FEM calculations using some of the specialized software packages.
- Experience with precision mechanics design.
- Experience with piezo technology.
- English language – advanced in reading, writing, communicating.
- Driving licence.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good team-working skills.
- Space mechanisms development experience is an advantage.
Why should you apply?
- Working in an international, creative and highly motivated environment
- Cutting-edge research topics with high application potential
- Working in a multidisciplinary research team
- A stimulating and friendly supervising and mentoring environment
- Unique research facilities
- Training and development possibilities (seminars, workshops, conferences)
- Soft skills trainings (project management, grant applications, etc.)
- Language courses
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- and more benefits such as Multisport card, meal allowance, cooperate kindergarten, etc.
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year (further extension is then possible and expected), starting as soon as possible, depending of the availability of the applicant.
Please send a motivation letter, your CV, a list of publications and two references to email@example.com
Mgr. Simona Dačeva
tel. +420 266 053 425