Published: 2021-01-19 10:13:45 | Expires: 2021-02-16
Company: Ústav fyzikální chemie J. Heyrovského AV ČR
Employer: Akademie věd
Categories: B – Fyzika a matematika
Job description: Top ranked research institute in Czech Republic, named by the only Czech Nobel price winner in science J. Heyrovsky offer new science position for Ph.D. in physics or material chemistry.
What will be your main responsibility:
Working on the prestigious European project, which aims to the development and construction of the new type of ultrahigh resolution microscope. The task of the candidate will include preparation, functionalization of ultrathin membranes and their implementation in the microscope.
About the group:
The group is evaluated as a top research group in Czech academy of sciences. There is well established research in the field of nanomaterials, in particular carbon nanotubes, graphene and other 2D materials. Long term success in the research funding enabled us to build and equip the lab with broad range of the instrumentation including very specialized and unique systems. Further information can be found at www.nanocarbon.cz
How we boost your carrier:
- Mentoring – regular discussion of the project both individually and within the group.
- Making the contacts within the community- possibility to participate in international conferences, introduction and discussion with the scientist visiting our group.
- Improving your publication track record – participating on multidisciplinary project
- Motivation – you will be treated according your performance.
Research profiles: R2
Type of contract: Temporary
Research field: Physics, Material Chemistry
Job status: Full-time
Hours per week: 40
Job starting date: Immediatelly
Required education level: PhD or Equivalent
Required research experience: 5 – 10 years
Expected duration of the position: 2 – 4 years
Essential skills and qualifications:
- positive thinking
- ability to work both independently and in the team
- excitement for scientific work
- hard working, active person
- experience with leadership of students
Desirable experience and competences:
- graphene transfer and/or preparation of ultrathin layers
- working with UHV systems
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Accommodation facilities
- Possibility of further education and career development by participating in courses organized by our institute.
To apply, please send your CV, motivation letter and two contacts for references to Dominika Patrovská firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2021_002.
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.