Published: 2021-02-01 13:03:42 | Expires: 2021-03-07
Company: CEITEC VUT
Employer: Vysoká škola
Categories: B – Fyzika a matematika
The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Core Facility Scientist – Specialist for Photolithography
The CEITEC Nano Research Infrastructure at the Brno University of Technology is the largest cleanroom nano-centre located in the Czech Republic. It provides complex equipment, expertise, and methods for R&D in nanotechnology and advanced materials. The facility includes nanofabrication, nano-characterization, structural analysis, and X-ray computed tomography. We carry out complete fabrication and characterization of nanostructures and nano-devices in an entirely clean environment.
For additional information about CEITEC Nano, please visit http://nano.ceitec.cz.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates for the research position of Photolithography Specialist for the nanofabrication facility.
The photolithography specialist’s role will be the operation and maintenance of scientific instruments, mainly the Heidelberg DWL 66-fs UV Direct Write Laser system. The Specialist will provide expert guidance to existing and prospective users on the materials and techniques best suited to meet their research needs.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of users and the day to day operation and maintenance of Heidelberg DWL 66-fs UV Direct Write Laser system housed in the CEITEC nano Facility.
- Cooperation with academic and industrial users to advise and enable their research.
- Develop, document, and improve lithographic processes and techniques incorporated by researchers into their work.
- Identify degradation of equipment performance compared to specifications and develop maintenance standards. Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair the instrument using in-house resources or through manufacturer’s service and assures minimum instrument downtime. Supervise and coordinate manufacturer service technicians during repair and maintenance procedures.
- Assist the Head of the nanofabrication lab and other staff with the development and enforcing of safety and operational protocols.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in natural sciences or engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of the lithographic fundamentals together with recent advances in the applications of lithographic techniques.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Broad nanofabrication experience in terms of both process development and equipment troubleshooting/maintenance/repair.
- High energy, self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a strong sense of ownership.
- Knowledge of safety and health issues concerning cleanroom equipment, operations, handling of hazardous chemicals, gasses, and waste disposal.
- The experience in nanofabrication lab cleanroom, ideally ISO-5 (US FS100).
- Interesting permanent-position job in state-of-the-art academic cleanroom nano-center.
- Competitive salary, performance bonuses.
- Further training and personal development, esp. participation in workshops and conferences.
- Six weeks holiday.
· 1.4. 2021 / Negotiable
Please send an Application including a Cover letter stating the motivation for applying, a CV with contact information and statement covering your experience in relevant areas (photolithography, clean room), name and contact details of two referees from two distinct institutions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7th, 2021 and quote the “Specialist for Photolithography” in the subject.