Published: 2021-02-03 13:56:59 | Expires: 2021-02-28
Employer: Vysoká škola
Categories: C – Chemie
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Research topic and job description
To the research group of Soil environmental chemistry and toxicology (https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/research/principal-investigators/prof-jakub-hofman), we are searching for talented, highly motivated scientist for the research topic “soil ecotoxicity of pesticide mixtures”. The prospective scientist will investigate ecotoxicity of relevant mixtures of pesticides on soil biota (mainly springtails and microbial activities) and plants in standard laboratory bioassays and soil microcosm studies with earthworms and plants (effects and bioaccumulation).
Inquiries about the position and research topic can be sent to prof. Jakub Hofman, email@example.com.
The position is open within the international collaborative H2020 project SPRINT, with the main aim to develop a Global Health Risk Assessment Toolbox to assess impacts of plant protection products (PPP) on ecosystem, plant, animal and human (EPAH) health. More information about project, its partners and other is here: https://www.sprint-h2020.eu/
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- Ph.D. certification in the area of environmental sciences (env. toxicology, env. chemistry, ecotoxicology …) or close disciplines;
- Must have previous sufficient practical experience with soil/terrestrial ecotoxicology – testing of chemicals effects on soil organisms and plants;
- Highly preferred (the more experience – the higher preferred candidate): previous practical experience with springtail tests, plant tests, earthworm bioaccumulation, soil C and/or N mineralization, soil microcosms experiments;
- Scientific publication skills;
- Skills to evaluate ecotoxicity in laboratory and process (eco)toxicity data;
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to gain insight into the research topic;
- Experience and high motivation to present and publish scientific results;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal English communication and teamwork skills.
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern laboratories: https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/services/recetox-laboratories
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in international project
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
- This position is planned for up to 3 years. We offer an initial appointment for one year with expected extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended) and motivation letter
- Summary of publications and research outputs
- A statement of research interests (describe in detail your previous practical experience, work, projects) with highlight of topics related to the position
- Names and contact details of at least 3 professional referees
- Ph.D. certification
The deadline for applications is on 28 February 2021. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section in this link https://www.muni.cz/o-univerzite/kariera-na-mu/volna-mista/60834). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Barbora Chlubná.
Applications which are not submitted in English, Czech or Slovak language will not be included in the selection process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.